A COMPILATION OF JOURNALISM AND CREATIVE WRITING STUDENT CORALIE REDDEN'S PORTFOLIO WORK.



Tuesday 30 October 2012

REFLECTION

REFLECTION ON THE PROCESS OF CREATING THE WEBLOG: 

What skills you gained with regarding to writing to an audience? 
The written content of a blog differs a lot to writing an essay or an article. Writing to an audience through my blog allowed me to share more of my insights and opinions on media issues that are prominent in today's society. The feeling of sharing thoughts to an audience is exhilarating as you are more aware that somebody is reading your thoughts and perhaps agrees with some of them. As a writer, this is ideally the outcome that you want.

What skills did you gain regarding design? 
Personally I like simplicity in regards to design. With this work blog I wanted to exude an element of professionalism, and therefore use colours that were not going to be regarded as in appropriate. In the same sense I attempted to use colours that also reflected my personality, after all it is essentially my blog, presenting my own work. Clear headings, and pages on the top of the main page of the blog allows for an audience to easily direct themselves about my blog, as well as click on links that relate to other aspects of my professional and personal online work, such as my personal blog Something Coral, Twitter, Facebook page as well as contact information.

What did you think of the process? 
For a design subject this assignment is very relevant. Blogging, as mentioned throughout my blog posts, is a new form of writing and publishing for writers, and those who want to blog about their personal interests. As a writer having a blog is crucial in attempting to find jobs in the profession. It is an online portfolio where the pieces we have written can be published for potential future employers can view the quality of writing.

The process was great, especially having a period of 3-4 weeks to post our own content, as well as the content provided in the course outlines. It allows for a personal approach to design, in which the teacher can grade us accordingly. It was definitely fun.

What is your view on blogging? 
As I have my own personal blog I have very fond views on blogging. I love the fact that I can publish all of my creative content to a site where others can view and comment on my work. It is a great platform to practice writing, especially as a future profession.

Image: Tumblr

No comments:

Post a Comment